Wednesday 16 July 2008

Last one for now!

This is one of my favourites and was from the first ever batch I did in my own kiln at home - this is before I made it into a pendant, and its one I wear a LOT.

I used a combination of glass and copper foil - now that does some strange things in the kiln, copper - sometimes it goes reddish-purple, and other times it goes a blue colour, like here - although in certain lights it still reflects back more red than blue.

If you look closely at this one, you can see a fingerprint on the top surface - hence why this one never made it for sale (although, honestly, quite a few don't make it for sale because I end up wanting them for myself!) - I was concerned about it, but the lovely peeps over on Frit Happens! said it was individual and like a signature - the mark of the maker! Doubt I will be leaving finger prints in all my work though!

No comments: