Thursday 20 August 2009

Sculpture in the Sanctuary

On Tuesday, me and Ashley, and several of my lovely friends from University, went along to the above, which a sculpture trail in the Swan Sanctuary at Roger Taylor's Garden Centre at Southwell, in Nottingham.

It's only a temporary exhibition, so if you get the chance to go, before it finishes at the end of August, then DO! It's free entry, but in all honesty, I would have been happy to pay anyway.

There's no particular theme, just an interesting and eclectic assortment of sculpture of all sizes, shapes and prices.

Rather than post individual pictures, I have just provided my Photobucket slideshow. Beware, over a hundred images to browse through! I might come back in a bit and post a link to the album, so you can just look which you fancy, or I might post a few of my favourite images from the day.

The swan sanctuary is lovely in itself, a pleasant stroll round, even without the lovely art. And it looks like a lovely garden centre, and like most of these, has a lovely tea rooms/restaurant, which we can highly recommend! (well, it would have been rude not to!)

No comments: