Monday 3 November 2008

Not long til Christmas.....


I know, I have been terrible at updating the blog again - sooo much happening at Uni at the moment, and right now, this moment, I should be doing a label and essay - so I will have to make this short!

Last week we set up the exhibition, I really didn't think I would get a piece into it, I had proper fell out with my work by the time came to submit. But viewed with fresh eyes, and getting feedback, and especially seeing it displayed in a proper cabinet like "real" work, it didn't seem half so bad. I still don't think its my best work by half, but it's okay.

Moving on!! We're now on a batch production project (as well as R & R) not sure what I will be doing for it yet, but have a few ideas milling round in my head. No promises here, but I will try and keep you updated!

Yesterday I did a glass fusing taster day at the Long Eaton Art Room, and I think everybody enjoyed it - so I must be doing something right!

I like people to relax, enjoy the class, and be creative, so I try to give ideas of what's possible rather than be too prescribed. I wanted to suggest a few ideas for Christmas, and whilst not all of it came out of the kiln okay, I was quite pleased with this, which was made from ordinary window glass, wasn't planned or thought out - rather it was thrown together at last minute.

Sorry for the rather naff photo, but it's all I have right now!

2 comments:

ChatElaine said...

Looks pretty impressive to me!! Lovely job!! Merry Christmas!!!

Saffie said...

nice piece I like it!!! 51 days till Christmas (i think!) :-)