Wednesday 24 February 2010

Glass Fusing Taster Day

Fancy a go at glass fusing? I am running a workshop at the Long Eaton Art Room on Sunday, 7th March.

I will show you the basics of glass fusing and tell you about some of the techniques you can use. I'll show you how to cut and assemble glass which will go into the kiln to be turned into lovely pendants, coasters, etc.

It's a relaxed, informal day, where you can work at your own pace and explore creative ideas. We don't usually work to a specific project, so you might find it helpful to bring along a
sketchbook, photographs or anything else inspirational. If there is anything specific you'd like to try, please contact me before the day and I will see what I can do.

The cost is £45, which includes your glass, the firing, and refreshments throughout the day - but you do need to bring your own lunch (or there's a pub nearby - although I don't advocate cutting glass after a pint or two!). A £10 deposit secures your place, which you can pay to the art room (contact them on 0115 9461661) - the balance is payable on the day.

(Just so you know, the work isn't ready on the day - we have to arrange a time to collect that, as the glass takes a few hours in the kiln to work its magic!)

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to know more: CLICK HERE TO SEND AN E-MAIL

No comments: